Friday, March 12, 2010

Costco v.s. Ballard Designs

The other day I went to Costco to have some photos taken for my Permenant Residency application. While they processed the photos, I had a chance to walk around the store and ya know, browse.


In a giant box, I saw these rugs rolled up. And instantly noticed the quaterfoil pattern to be something I've been noticing in my Ballard Designs catalogs. At $89 - I thought the price was fantastic! The rug was really soft and felt quality to me.


Here is the photo from Costco.com - the rug wasn't listed on Costco.ca. And though it is a bit pricer on the website - $119 vs $89 - still quiet a nice deal. The size is 7'7" x 10'1" - generous!



Here is Ballards version. (Price $229 for a slightly smaller version of the Costco version.)

So if you're in the market for a rug - there ya go!
If you're interested in my quaterfoil images - here's where you can find more on Ballards site.

And just so you know - this isn't some sort of paid advertisement - just an observation. :)


11 comments:

Heather Henderson said...

love the rug! i'm a huge quatrefoil fan.

Invited In said...

Costco and Ballard....two of my favorite places. If you are ever in or around Ohio there is a Ballard outlet! Last week they sent out coupons to returning customers for 50% off anything in the store!!!!

Have a great weekend:)

BTW, thank you for always leaving such sweet comments on my blog!! You are just the sweetest thing:)

Leslie said...

Umm... can you say deal?! I wish it were an indoor/outdoor rug b/c I need one of those and would love the pattern.

Jen @ Canadian Rhapsody said...

Are those the indoor/outdoor ones? I think I saw those there when I was there with my mum.

They'd be great in a house. They seemed almost too plush to be outdoor rugs; my mom was worried that they'd hold all the water in and be soggy.

House of Smiths said...

Ooo! I love that rug! Super cute, I love that design.
And I love the cheaper cost even MORE!
Thanks for the tip.
Shelley Smith

Unknown said...

Wow! That is a big difference in price! I wish there was a costco around here. There's ......nothing......around here. LoL!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

I need a new rug in dining room and this price is right up my alley--thanks for sharing!

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

Gorgeous rug, I really like that pattern! And what a deal too!
Blessings,
Stacey

Art Is Life, Life Is Art said...

Absolutely beautiful!! I love the design of the rug.

Stephanie said...

What a steal! It's a cute rug :]

Pam @ bibbidi-bobbidi-beautiful said...

Hi Mandi! I just saw your feature on Homebody! Thanks so much for posting about this rug! I've been looking for something like this and loved the Ballard version, but would much rather spend half as much! My mom has a costco membership- I think it's time for a shopping trip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails