Thursday, October 18, 2007

The First Canadian Day

It's hard to believe, but I am finally here. I am in Canada. This day seemed like it would never get here, but it has. The wedding is over and last night, Shane and I made it home to Sudbury.

As I awoke this morning, the leaves were just falling from the trees. The air was cold and rainy. And it screamed FALL!! My favorite season. It was almost as if Canada were saying "Welcome". I dressed in a cudly gray sweater and comfy socks and just setteled in for a day of reading Martha Stewart and Paula Deanne magazines.

I should take some of that back before I start to sound too picture postcard. This morning Shane and I purchased an X-Box 360 and couple of video games. It was our present to ourselves for getting married. And pretty much all morning we have either played games - or he has. :) I still squeezed in some magazine time. Today was also Shane's sister Anne's 19th birthday. We celebrated with chicken wings, ceaser salad, minty green coleslaw, rootbeer in wine glasses, vanilla ice-cream and pretty cake that was dropped shortly after being purchased. Quiet funny.

The evening is quiet. Shane playing NCAA Madden '08. I on the computer. Everyone else stretched in different corners of the house. Someone playing with the dog. For now I suppose I should head downstairs to unpack some of my belongings. Though we won't be here long, it will be nice not to have suitcases on the bed. :)

So goodnight. It's my first official day in Canada. I can't wait to see what tomorrow holds!!
~M

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails