Monday, November 12, 2007

One Month Tomorrow!

The house is coming along. Slowly but surely. I sometimes wonder if we will ever move in - but at the same time, I want our bedroom and kitchen to be done before we move every last thing into the house and take up permenant residence there. I can pretty much cross the kitchen off my list of To-Do's though. We finally finished painting the walls, ceiling and cupboards. Washed everything extremely well. The cupboards inside are primed and eventually I will paint them a crisp white, but there are more other pressing matters. Left to do in the kitchen:

+ Line the shelves with contact paper
+ Get a utensil drawer/organizer thing
+ Wash and put away all of our new dishes, pans and bakeware
+ Decorate (will be done when I move all of my "stuff" up)

We are going to paint our bedroom tomorrow. There was some furniture left for us from the previous home owners. There are a couple night stands and two dressers that I am going to paint a deep chocolate brown. Hopefully we will get it all done soon. It's so fun to see it all come together. It's a lot of hard work, and I am exhausted by the end of the day, but it is rewarding to see it come together.

I can't wait to go home and see my family. I'm especially missing Nargie. I had my camera out today and kept looking through the pictures at her. I miss her so much.

Tonight is a lazy night. Shane will be working until 9pm. He left at 6:30 am. It will be like that tomorrow for him as well. Pat made us maple bacon, pancakes, toast, hot chocolate and orange juice for breakfast. There is a roast in the oven for dinner. It smells so yummy! It's rainy here so it's good to be indoors. I'm feeling crafty so maybe I'll make soemthing fun.

Miss everyone!!!
Love,
~M

P.S. Tomorrow is our one month anniversary!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails