Friday, June 27, 2008

Bears....Part Deux

So an update on our bear situation. I went home from the library last night and what to my wandering eye did I see? Nothing. No bear. A dead street. Shane told me though, that while I was gone, there had been another bear lumbering through a neighbor's yard. This neighbor lives across the street, one house down. Freakey! Shane also told me that the police and the bear people came in regards to the fella that we had seen. They killed him. How totally sad. It broke my heart. But I guess there is a giant bear problem right now. (My story doesn't end here.) Later that night...oh, about 15 minutes after I got home, we left for the inloves house. And there, hanging out on the highway (about 5 minutes from our house) was a bear. Just hanging out on the side of the road. Yikes!! So THEN! Today. Our neighbors let us in on the fact that there was a sow bear that had earlier come through our yard and was hanging out in our neighborhood. They warned us for our safety but also for Tag's safety as we let him out not on a lead. He stays in our yard and one of us is always with him, but ya know. Bears. And it's not like we live out in the boondocks. No. We live in a subdivision. A subdivision! Houses alllllllll around. Kiddies riding bikes. People always taking walks. Lawns always being mowed. Granted, there are woods across the street from our house (we live on the last street) but nothing could have prepared me for the onslaught of my worst nightmare....bears. I fear them. Totally. I have had horrible dreams involving bears. Where I'm looking outside and yards away there is a bloodthirsty beast. We lock eyes. And he runs at him. Fast. Snareling. Groweling. And he comes in my house! After me! Oh yes, I hate them. Scary beasts!

So today is such a dullsville day for me. I have zero energy. I want to be active but lack any sort of spark to do anything. Did my yoga this morning after waking up knowing that I had done yoga the day before. I ached all over. And I washed (not dried on the line) one load of laundry. It's 2:00.

Tomorrow I am going to my friend Jean's wedding. She was one of my bridesmaids. Should be a great time. Still not sure what I should wear. The dresses I want to wear are black. Can't wear black to a June, almost July wedding. I don't think anyways. It's a daytime wedding too. There. That settles it. Can't wear black. I'm stumped. I guess I need to get creative. Hopefully I will get a hair cut today. Maybe that will help. It's been one year and 3 months since I've had my hair choppered.

Must remind myself to pray for our pastor and our church. And you can too if you think of it. Actually, please remember to think of it.

I want an iced coffee. Much love. ~ M

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails