Thursday, September 25, 2008

Freezer Creations

Hi ya'll! Yes, even though I am in Canada, I still can't get rid of my "ya'll". They tell me I have an accent here. Crazy. :) So I just wanted to thank ya'll for the sweet comments left for me. I love being a part of blog land. I'm just getting my feet wet but wow, it's so fun to meet so many awesome women. Friends are few and far between here in the Great White North so it's so amazing to meet some great, creative, friendly gals on here who share a passion for life and all things crafty and fun. I love ya'll!

So, no pics today. Sorry gals! My camera batteries are on the out and there just isn't the extra funds for a new pack this week. So I am going to leave you with a little bit of freezer joy. What I mean by that is - some quick recipes that you can stock your freezer with. Think "breakfasts on the go". I know at our home, breakfast is almost nonexistant. Shane leaves the house at 6:10 am - and that's his summer schedule. In the winter I'm sure it will be earlier. So, in our home, we don't much like to get up earlier for a sit down meal. Yeah, we like our sleep. As most of you know, Shane is away at trade school for the next month and a half so I, as his wife, have been trying to take care of his nutritional needs from afar.

Here is what we have to work with:
- A Fridge
- A Freezer
- A Hot Plate
- A Toaster Oven
- A Microwave

So, I needed to come up with some food ideas that are already cooked and prepared to feed a hungry man when he gets home from school. He is not into cooking what so ever. The microwave is about all he can handle. So, here is my recipes for Breakfast Burrito's and Egg McMuffin Sandwiches! [Please bear in mind that nothing is measured. They are all guestimates.] Enjoy ladies!

Breakfast Burritos
10 small tortillas
2 lbs. lean hamburger
Taco Seasoning (optional)
Half a large onion
1 clove of garlic (ok, I used three cloves but I love the flavor of onions and garlic)
1 cup of frozen cubed potatos (hashbrown type potatos)
Grated cheese
Oil

Mince your onion and garlic and sautee in the oil until onions are translucent. Brown your hamburger in a skillet. Cook all the way through - drain any grease. Add taco seasoning and water. Mix according to package directions. Let mixture cool. Add some oil to another pan and heat your cubed potatoes. Cook thouroughly. Add onions and garlic. Cool. Mix the pototoes and hamburger together. Lay one tortilla shell on the counter. Spoon a generous helping of the hamburger/potato mix down center of tortilla. Top with a sprinkeling of cheese. Fold the bottom of the tortilla up (about halfway) then the right side, and then the left side. Wrap in plastic wrap. Do this to all of the tortilla's. Put in a freezer bag in a single layer. Do not stack on top of each other or they may not freeze thoroughly. Reheat in microwave and enjoy!


Egg McMuffin's
Large Eggs (one per sandwhich)
English Muffins
Slice of cheese
(optional: bacon, sausage patties, ham, Canadian bacon)

Fry your eggs in a small skillet. (I did one at a time). Let cool on a large plate. Toast muffins in a toaster. Cool. Slice cheese. Add egg and a slice of cheese and optional meat to the muffin half. Top with the other half. Wrap in plastic wrap. Put in a freezer bag in a single layer. Freeze. Reheat when needed in the microwave or toaster oven. Enjoy!

Bon Appetite!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails