Monday, September 08, 2008

My Story, Morning Glory

So what is my story? What is this blog about? Who am I?

I'm Mandi. Born in Northwestern Pennsylvania - a state filled with incredibly nice people, gorgeous views, wonderful fairs and festivals and home to the Penguins, Pirates, Otters, Flyers, Steelers and Eagles. (I'm sure I'm missing some.) I met and married my hubby, Shane, and subsequently moved to Northern Ontario - a province filled with fast driving, laid back people, gorgeous scenery, lots of fairs and festivals and the Wolves. Shane and I married October 13, 2007 - so in a little over a month we will have been married a whole year. In that year, we bought a home (yes a house in a city that has a less than 3% vacancy rate), a dog and are dying to buy a new SUV. SUV? Yes. We have a truck currently that we really do need. When your husband enjoys hunting and training dogs who get very muddy and wet, you don't want them rolling around in the backseat of a car. I hate the truck. I hate trucks. A car won't do. An SUV is our compromise.

Our life is like this: I cannot work. Not because I physically cannot or mentally am incapable. Fully capable. The gov't of Canada says no. It's an annoying process - but until I become a Permenant Resident, I can't work in Canada. So Shane brings home the bread and bacon. And I cook it up. Because that is all I can do. Shane is a plumber apprentice and is currently helping to build a new hospital in town. We are blessed that his salary allows for us to pay our mortgage and utilities and all other expenses. But it is tight. Sometimes suffucatingly tight.

So what is this blog for? Originally I set it up to keep my family up to date on all that I was doing in Canada. It is too difficult to send three different emails (or the same but varied email) to three different households. Too much for me. So the blog was started. This was before I had been formerly introduced to blogs. Before I met The Nester. Or Inspired Room. Or Shabby Nest. Or Todays Creative Blog. Just A Girl and Cottage Industry. And on and on. And then I wanted to grow this blog. To make it more than what I had just started - a daily in the life of. I decided I wanted to add more of what I am learning. I'm new at this wife thing. New at home ownership. New at frugal living. New at it all! And thus, here, this blog, is my journey. Still my daily in the life of. Yeah. It has to be. Still keeping my freinds and family updated. But it's going to be something more.

I have so many ideas. My camera is filled with pix of what I am doing. Things I'm creating. Posts planned in my head. And soon, bamo it will be on here. For you. Ready to see. And I can't wait.

7 comments:

Angie said...

It sounds like you have been busy this past year! Don't you just love blogging?! There are so many sweet and creative people out there! I will have to read your old posts to catch up!

Tonya said...

Hey Mandi! You're so sweet to leave such kind words on my blog! I am so thankful for your prayers and thoughts.

I love your "story"! Great idea! I think I started mine as a way to document our daily lives. But I'm failing miserably at keeping up. I'm hoping to get a new post up sometime this weekend...between photo shoots, kids, preparing a lesson for Sunday and LIFE! ;)

Thanks again sweetie!

Joy said...

Enjoy being a stay at home blogging woman. When you are able to work, you'll have more money but less time to enjoy all the fun that blogging has to offer. Not to mention a community of wonderful bloggers. I look at my blogging as a college course that I'm taking for free!
Can't wait to see your camera full of pics!

Serendipity said...

Thanks for the comment! You'll love blogging!

Chris said...

Hey! My husband and I were married on October 14th! Close anniversaries, eh? Well, except that we were married 13 years ago. :) I can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve. More importantly, I can't wait to see PICTURES on here! Show off your stuff; show off Canada! I'll be checking in on you! :)

cherry said...

Hello Nice to meet ya! My dh is a plumber's apprectice as well...he is in his last year and than Journeymen baby! Unfortunately he is laid off at the moment...the economy in the states is horrible at the moment. Can't wait to see what you are up to housewise...that is all I blog about....thrifting and crafting and decorating....rofl, cherry

Tonya said...

Hey Mandi! I'm waiting to see pictures! ;) Thanks for loving my new blog layout! I'm thrilled that I was able to figure out how to do all that! I'm a photographer so I'm constantly in photoshop. I also make cards and announcements for my clients so it was pretty easy to make the blog header. But getting all the HTML stuff figured out was another story. But, thanks! I love it too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails