Tuesday, June 08, 2010

EASY Chicken Pot Pie Recipe

During this pregnancy I haven't had many cravings. One was for my father-n-law's hamburgers (and he did make them for me!) and then I find myself longing for warm, buttered biscuits (I've made a number of batches already!), mashed potatoes and those down home comfort foods. Trying too hard not to indulge those wants too much as I don't want to many of the extra padded pounds!

But last night I made one of our favorite recipes in this house. It's for an EASY Chicken Pot Pie. It's comforting, yummy, and so incredibly easy. While it may not be a recipe you whip out midsummer - we have been in a bit of a cold snap lately and it seemed all to perfect to make last night. Here's the recipe and how-to!


I start with this, one of my favorite cookbooks. It's a Gooseberry Patch cookbook - one that I was given by my mom when I got married. It's full of easy, tasty recipes that are perfect for people on a limited budget (5 ingredients or less!), or new to cooking (like I was as a new bride) and who like fast, easy, yummy recipes. I think a lot of us could fall into one of those categories.







Chicken Pot Pie
2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
15-oz. can of mixed veggies, drained*
2 10-3/4 oz. cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
10-oz. tube refridgerated biscuits (such as Pillsbury)

* I use about 1 1/2 cups of mixed frozen veggies (like California Blend and some corn). Cook according to package directions. Drain and use in recipe as follows.

Preheat oven to 400 F. Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Place in an ungreased 2 quart casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes. While baking, slice uncooked biscuits into quarters; set aside. Remove dish from oven and stir. Arrange biscuit pieces on top of hot chicken mixture; bake for 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden. Enjoy!  Yields: 6 servings




Gather your ingredients. And yes, that is my milk in a bag. :)


Combine your chicken soups, milk, veggies and chicken in a bowl. Mix well. Put into an ungreased 2 quart baking dish. Pop in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.


Cut your biscuits into quarters. Place on top of your chicken mixture when your 20 minute timer beeps. Arrange on top of chicken mix. Pop back into oven for 15 minutes.


Enjoy!



Today I'm hooking up with Balancing Beauty and Bedlam for Tasty Tuesday. Yum! Head on over for other delish recipes.



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh, that's looks incredible even though I detest chicken pot pie. Maybe I'll give it a second chance?

Dawn said...

Oh my goodness! That made me sooo hungry! I'm definately trying this recipe!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

That looks really good. My husband likes chicken pot pie... but I don't make it for him much. This looks easy enough that I could handle it! ;)

Jennifer said...

That's one of my favorite recipes in that cookbook. Thanks for sharing because I completely forgot about it.

Hope to see you soon!

Tina said...

Oh I love chicken pot pie Mandi! Thanks for sharing the recipe:) I will be making this on the weekend!! Hope you are well. ~ Tina xx

Lucy Marie said...

You forgot to invite me over. And by the way, I love your milk in a bag :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails