Saturday, May 14, 2011

It's Not Lost On Me

It is not lost on me that every day I have the opportunity to help shape and mold this sweet girls heart.



It is not lost on me that time is fleeting and someday she will leave home and I will no longer spend every day with her.



It is not lost on me that her tiny, precious self needs and depends on me for life, for her care, for her provision. Her needs are not lost on me.



It is not lost on me that at the end of a long day she needs me to nurse her, cuddle her and rock her to sleep. These moments are fleeting and I cannot keep them forever.



It has not escaped me that she needs me to pray over her - to call upon the Lord on her behalf. Already I have seen so many prayers answered. What would have happened had I not prayed?



Sometimes I feel it escapes me when she doesn't want to be put down and I need my two hands to do whatever it is that I need to do.



Sometimes it escapes me when she is fussy and whiney and won't take a nap.



nnn  <--------  That is her typing because even as I type this post, she needed me and though I have just one hand free, plunking out letters one by one, she needed me.



And that........is not lost on me.


 
As I was typing this post, "It Won't Be Like This For Long" by Darrius Rucker came on the radio. You bet your boots I had tears in my eyes as I listened to the song.



All photos are from Easter 2011.


 

4 comments:

Kelly said...

She is so adorable:)

Holly said...

Love those adorable photos! Such a sweet, sweet post!

Tracey said...

Mandi, she is beautiful!! Your right, we as mothers have a very important duty to our children. To help them become wonderful people to be an asset to the world. Great post, and very pretty!

Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama said...

aww, your baby is so cute... I lvoe that song by Darius..and its so true.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails