Friday, October 21, 2011

Permanent Residency - AWARDED!

My Welcome Packet

I can now officially say that I am a Permanent Resident of Canada. I officially reside in another country. I am no longer just a visitor. After a very long, four year process, I am finally official. And it is a wild feeling.

Wednesday, October 19th, 2011, it became official. And, I will never ever have to go through this process again. I honestly feel as though a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. No more dealing with expiring visas and the hassle to update them. No more nervousness as you cross the border into and out of the country. No more limbo. No more wondering. It's complete and I am finally a Permanent Resident.

I am able to work, to have access to the free health care system, to mingle, mix and be. I just can't vote. But that's a-ok for me. I'm a Permanent Resident and I am so HAPPY!!!!!


3 comments:

Allison said...

Congrats from western Canada! My mom had to go through the same process after living here for longer than she lived "at home" in England. Totally understand the stress of crossing borders, etc... enjoy your new found freedom!

Tori said...

Congrats! Thats so awesome!
My husband and I want to move to Cananda sooooo bad. I just don't think he has the job skills to be accepted. And I'm a stay at home mom, homeschooling our kids.
I would do anything to be able to get out of this country!

farmerswife said...

congrats mandi! i am in the midst of this process! it's been just over a year now and i'm struggling with the same feelings of fear , with crossing the border twice a week minimum, and being stuck in a limbo! i didn't know it could take up to 4 years! thats just crazy! Congrats again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails